One of the easiest meals that I have been making for too many years to count, is Beef Stroganoff. Versus buying the kit or package varieties, making your own is extremely simple and just tastes so much better.
When after school activities have us running like mad, Beef Stroganoff is a meal that I can start and have on the table in less than 30 minutes – making it a go-to for us, for years.
My kids aren’t the biggest fans of onions or mushrooms, yet as long as I allow them to fully cook into this dish, they surprisingly eat it without complaint. It’s one of the few meals that I can make with these ingredients, where I don’t get a lot of moaning and groaning.
I love my collection of quick and easy recipes that I can have on the table in no time, and it’s taken me forever to add this into my collection here at My Organized Chaos, because it’s actually so simple, I thought it was a no-brainer to feature. But really, it’s worth the feature because it’s that loved by my family.
- 1 lb ground Beef
- 1/2 pkg Pasta of choice, about 400g (suggestions: Fusilli, Rotini)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans sliced Mushrooms
- 2 cans Mushroom Soup
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
- In a large pot or large skillet, brown the ground beef and add the onions and mushrooms mid-way through cooking.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions, until el dente.
- When the meat, onion and mushroom mixture is cooked, add cooked pasta and mushroom soup.
- Cook until desired temperature, stir in sour cream just before serving along with salt and pepper as desired.
Do you make your own Beef Stroganoff?