As soon as the crisp fall weather hit, I started craving all the warm comforting foods and spices I could get my tastebuds on. It’s the season of pumpkin, and one that lasts through the winter months, you just can’t beat the classic taste. At the same time, it’s a truly a busy time of year, with the change in seasons comes the change in routine and the holidays drawing near. Now is an time to rely on simple recipes that suit the schedule as much as it does the cravings.
I’m very excited to feature this Pumpkin Pie Turnovers with cream cheese frosting recipe, a dessert that I’ve developed in partnership with the Tenderflake Test Kitchen. The recipe really embodies convenience and ease when cooking at home, giving that delicious treat yet which doesn’t impede on time spent with loved ones.
Pumpkin Pie Turnovers is a recipe which takes only a few key ingredients, one being Tenderflake Rolled Puffed Pastry Sheets, easy-to-use flaky sheets of pastry made from simple ingredients developed to give that classic homemade taste. These are so handy to have on hand, I’ve made quite a few recipes with this product in the past and always appreciate the flavour and great quality.
To make Pumpkin Pie Turnovers simply follow the easy instructions below. You start with thawing both rolls of Tenderflake Rolled Puffed Pastry Sheets, as two come in a box. Cut each sheet into 4 large squares using a pizza cutter, making 8 in total. Then, combine the ingredients from the recipe card to make the pumpkin pie filling.
Drop about 2 tbsp of the pie filling onto each puffed pastry square, moisten the edges just a bit with water and fold into triangles. Then pinch the edges with a fork to seal in the goodness and brush with an egg wash to bring out that final golden crust look.
While the Pumpkin Pie Turnovers, made the mouthwatering cream cheese frosting and drizzle after the turnovers have baked and cooled somewhat.
The end result is is a dessert that is perfect for any occasion or no occasion at all. Pumpkin Pie Turnovers is a simple recipe that is so good, you’ll be torn on whether to enjoy them all yourself or share with others.
It’s a dessert which I’d choose in a coffee shop, made very easily from the comforts of home.
- 1 box Tenderflake Rolled Puffed Pastry Sheets
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After Puffed Pastry Sheets have thawed as per package instructions, use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut each sheet into 4 even squares for a total of 8 squares.
- In a bowl mix together pumpkin, cream, 1 whole egg, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Place a large spoonful of the filling on each pastry square so that filling is in the middle but towards one corner. Continue with filling for all 8 squares.
- Brush the edges of each pastry square with a bit of water, then fold each square into a triangle and use a fork to seal the edges together then place each onto a baking sheet.
- Beat the second egg in a small bowl and brush each turnover with the egg wash.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, milk and icing sugar until smooth.
- When turnovers are done and have cooled a few minutes, place frosting into a piping bag or cut a corner out of a plastic sandwich bag, and place the frosting inside. Drizzle each turnover with the cream cheese frosting.
What flavour of turnover is your favourite?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post yet as always, all opinions are my own.