Featured in my recipe box is Taco Salad, a lovely recipe that I got from a Mom at Cheer potluck. This Broccoli Craisin Salad recipe is another favourite of mine, that was given to me at a school potluck! See the trend here? You can really get some great recipes when going to gatherings, it’s like a collection of everyones much-loved dishes.
I make Broccoli Craisin Salad year-round yet it’s especially nice right now during the summer months. Not only can you put it together very quickly, but during the summertime I crave meals that don’t require heating up the house. You know, something that nourishes yet also cools you down?
Broccoli Craisin Salad is crunchy, and full of flavours thanks to the dressing, raisins, craisins and sunflower seeds. I add some coleslaw salad into mine as well, and it just completes it!
Unlike most salads, this one is almost better the day after – which is why it needs to be chilled for at least 2 hours before eating. So, you can make this in the morning before you head out for some summer fun – and the vegetable side is ready and waiting for you!
When this recipe is halved, it feeds our family of five for one meal. Make the entire portion for entertaining or to ensure you have leftovers. Also, precise measurements isn’t required, so add more or less of the fillers – as desired.
I’m happy to share one of my favourite summertime vegetable side salads – enjoy!
- FOR THE SALAD
- 4 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix Broccoli, coleslaw, craisins, raisins and crumbled bacon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients and pour over the broccoli mixture.
- Toss well to evenly coat and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Right before serving, add the sunflower seeds and toss again to evenly mix.
Looking for more vegetable sides?
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Veggie Dip Shooters
- Sautéed Green Beans with Basil & Fresh Tomatoes
- Five Bean Salad
- Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- Lemon Dill Marinated Veggies
- Green Beans with Warm Pistachio Vinaigrette
- Green Bean & Tomato Salad