Random Signs of Spring

This week truly felt like the first days of Spring, it’s been a beautiful 15 °C! We haven’t seen a nice day like this since late September, so it’s been a long Winter to say the least.

So, what does one do when it’s finally nice enough to ditch that Winter coat? Enjoy it, of course!

Yet, this nice weather also means a lot of melting. Water everywhere! So obviously, since I’m one of those last minute ‘planners’, I had to run out just yesterday and get the girls some rubber boots. Never fails!

park-in-spring

So … how do we get to the swings anyway?

Since it was a nice day and my garage is still filled with cases of Girl Guide cookies, I decided we better hit the pavement and get rid of some. The girls took off running, excited to be jacket-free for the first time in a long time. Door to door to door.

girl-guide-cookie-selling-canada

It was really cute, since their spiel, “do you want some girl guide cookies?” was said in perfect unison. When they did make their very first sale, they cheered and high-fived each other.

Even though the sun was setting, it was still too incredibly nice to be indoors, so the girls brought out their bikes, scooters and sidewalk chalk. All dusty from being cooped up in the garage all this time, but that didn’t matter.

spring2014

Freedom. Play. This was what Spring is.

katelyn

This also marked a great big firs for the twins, they didn’t know how to write their names last Summer. So this was the first time that their names met some sidewalk chalk. I know this’ll continue all season long.

spring at dusk

Of course more puddle jumping, you can’t let even one puddle go by without some splashing, right?

spring 2014

It was a nice day, yet almost foreign in a way. So much time spent bundled up and avoiding the outdoors. It’s like meeting an old friend and jumping right in where you left off. It feels good … welcome Spring!!

signs of spring

What do your random days of Spring look like?

Comments

1. Yay for SPRING! I feel the same way. Although I am not trusting Michigan yet not to throw a snow storm at us one more time! LOL. Those boots are adorable too.

Oh I know, here too. I remember it snowing in June one year … HOPING it doesn’t and this sun is here to stay!!

2. How fun! I am so happy that spring has finally arrived here in Maine and I can take my daughter outside to get some fresh air!

It’s so nice to get outside again, I feel like a caged animal in the Winter … which explains why we travel so much I suppose. Twist my arm!!! lol

3. Freedom. Play. <<< definitely what spring is to me too!

BTW, they look so cute standing at the door waiting to make a sale!

4. We had signs of spring starting (melting snow, dry roads, big puddles) at our house. Then Mother Nature laughed and sent us snow for 2 days. Maybe sometime in May the white stuff will be gone…

5. I remember the days of taking my daughter around to sell Girl Scout cookies! These pictures are all so cute.

We still have a couple cases to sell, I think next weekend and we’ll have them all gone. My plan: go back to those houses that were so excited and bought. They’ll have run out and will be wanting more. Hahahaha!

6. Amy Desrosiers says:

Today it reached a high of 60 and the sun was shining. At this point I would totally cry if it snowed out!

It was gloomy today and rained a little. I admit to holding my breath with a Noooooo!!! So far so good, my fingers are crossed!

7. I think I take our Florida weather for granted, I often wish we had snow like you but glad when we can spend outdoors in the nice sun!

8. Oh yes, we have melting everywhere, too. Loving the rain boot, though! That makes it work!! I hear lots of birds chirping and kids playing outside. That’s our signs of spring.

9. Shauna says:

Well, we live in Texas, so we are already in shorts… but I know it is Spring because it goes from chilly in the morning to HOT in the afternoon

10. brett says:

my kids are like wild animals outside right now. they get FILTHY. its been too long a winter!

11. Wow! Lots of water in that playground! Lol the snow has mostly melted here in Edmonton and we’ve had some warm days in the last two weeks so all the puudles and water have been soaked up. I’m so looking forward to Spring!!!