As much as I love the pastels and bright Summer nail polishes, I do have a soft-spot for the neutral, darker hues. Possibly one of the only few things I look forward to Fall perhaps?
OPI has just released news of their new San Francisco by OPI collection, featuring 15 shades with some being Liquid Sand polishes.
How could a polish collection reflect a city you ask?
Since we experienced some family travel to San Francisco just last year, I immediately took a look at my past posts and compared the colors seen in the city, to the polishes featured. Well, I’ll be darned! Many of the rich colors I captured on our vacation can be found in this collection. Such diverse colors, yet they all blend to make quite the astounding group.
San Francisco by OPI truly compliments the chic style of West Coast, pairing the hues found from sky and sea to the grays, reds, burgundies and browns found all over the city. Think: Chinatown, the Golden Gate bridge, the Embarcadero, Alcatraz. Well done, OPI, well done!
The shade ‘First Date at the Golden Gate‘ totally reminds me of the beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, and will each and every time I wear this color.
“With twelve colors ranging from moody grays and blues to garnet and ruby jewel tones, these lacquers are designed to accessorize fall’s hottest looks, from military details to winter whites,” continues Weiss-Fischmann. “On fall runways, models were seen wearing luxurious textures from head to toe. The three new Liquid Sand nail lacquers incorporate the texture trend through nails, with rich matte finishes in colors to complement the season’s fashion.”
San Francisco by OPI includes the following shades:
- A-Piers to Be Tan ~ I shore do like this chocolaty tan.
- Dining al Frisco ~ Just feast your eyes on this fresh-air blue!
- Haven’t the Foggiest ~ Can’t tell you why I love this misty gray…I just do!
- Peace & Love & OPI ~ This holographic sage and eggplant is far out!
- Keeping Suzi at Bay ~ There’s no holding back this assertive navy blue.
- Incognito in Sausalito ~ You better keep this almost-black blue under wraps.
- Lost on Lombard ~ Oh garn-et! I’m all turned around!
- I Knead Sour ~ Dough Are you bready to wear this toasty warm brown?
- Muir Muir on the Wall ~ This trailblazing plum is the fairest of all.
- In the Cable Car ~ Pool Lane Good golly, Miss Trolley, this rich burgundy takes me away!
- Embarca ~ Dare Ya! Betcha can’t pass up this marvelous magenta.
- First Date at the Golden Gate~ You and me and this shimmery ruby make three.
- It’s All San Andreas’s Fault ~ I’d move mountains to get this textured earthy taupe!
- Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! ~ Dog-gone it…fetch me that textured matte blue!
- Alcatraz…Rocks ~ There’s no escaping this arresting textured gray.
The morning that we headed for some family fun at the lake, I put on some ‘Keeping Suzi at Bay‘ on my toes. The rich blue was perfect for relaxing by the water and taking in the Summer Sun. Yet, a darker shade that will be most welcome for Fall, no doubt.
Next month we’ll be attending a wedding and I have the perfect polish picked out for the occasion – ‘Haven’t the Foggiest‘. It’s been a while since I wore a silver polish, and it’s time to bring it back! It’ll compliment many colors of attire and sparkle at the outdoor celebration next to some black strappy sandals.
If you are in the need for a Summer collection that works well into the Fall & Winter months, this one is for you! The attraction to this collection is just as enticing as the popular tourist locale!
San Francisco nail lacquer shades each feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application. Liquid Sand nail lacquers should always be worn without top coat. San Francisco by OPI will be available August 7, 2013, at Professional Salons and Spas for $10.95 CAN suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
Disclosure: Product was provided for review purposes, opinions are my own