Like most Moms out there, my focus is always on everyone else. We give, give, give and oftentimes neglect our own body, mind and soul in the process. It’s actually very easy to overlook our own needs with everything else we juggle in our everyday lives. Before we know it, it seems like we haven’t had even a few minutes to ourselves, in a long time.
Truth is, we all need that break to reflect on what’s important to us. We need to rest, have peace and recharge for the next round of chaos in our days.
Realistically though, these ways have to be simple, frugal and attainable. While I’d love to go out alone and get weekly manicures, I know it most likely won’t happen.
Here are 7 Easy Ways to Pamper Yourself, none of which take a lot of time or money. You really have no excuse!
- Wake-Up - Get out of bed before everyone else in the house. Take this time alone to read, sip your coffee in peace or just to listen to the birds out the back door. Early mornings spent alone are an ideal kick-start to the day. It’ll enable you to prepare for the day ahead, with a clear mind.
- Read - I recall spending good portions of my child-free days with a good book. Alas, reading an entire novel happens far and few between. Yet, if it’s a love of yours, it must not disappear with the pre-baby pair of jeans. Finding 15 minutes in your day to pick up a magazine or book is enough to exercise the mind and let your imagination soar. Kids playing quietly in the playroom, if only for a short time? Grab that book! Are their noses deep in a colouring book? Pick up your own good reads.
- Pick Up The Phone - When was the last time you had a chat with a girlfriend, and not via an email or message? Schedule that phone call with a dear friend and connect with someone that isn’t 4 feet tall and calling your name endlessly. This call will probably result in laughter, pampering the soul in so many ways.
- Mini-Mani - It doesn’t take long and it needn’t be complicated. Just some quick polish on the fingers or toes makes a world of difference to one’s mood. Not only will it give the impression you have it ‘all together’ to others (when you often don’t feel you do), but just catching a glimpse of your pretty nails throughout the day will make you feel like you spent a day at the spa.
- Hide - This is where I’m confessing that I hide from my family each and every day. Take 5 minutes for yourself and retreat to a quiet part of the house. Breathe, meditate, listen to quiet music and de-stress.
- Take a Walk - Even if you have to bring the kids! Getting some exercise will boost the mind, de-stress and get the energy level up.
- Soak - I usually take a very quick shower – not at all relaxing. Once in a while, take a nice long warm bubble bath. Use a nice fragrance and soak for as long as you can.
New Lysol Foam hand wash delivers a Luxurious Protection that is Soft on Skin, Hard on Germs. The thick, rich, creamy lather works on contact to kill germs, while the moisturizer enriched micro-bubbles leave skin feeling soft and comfortable after every wash. Now you can have soft and healthy hands for all of life’s special moments. No wonder why it is preferred over the leading national competitor. Visit www.lysol.ca for more details.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Lysol via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Lysol.