Nourished Skin for Summer

Some things never change: I’ve always suffered from dry skin year-round (especially the winter months), yet rarely remember to lotion after showering. Also, for unknown reasons, I’ve always been partial to bar soap. Those are just facts.

Recently I started using Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash, and I cannot believe the difference it made. I realize now that my skin didn’t need that bar soap (which most likely scrubbed away all oils and moisture). Instead, the Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash produces a rich and silky lather that gently cleans the skin. The formula is called Nutrium Moisture, which essentially puts the same nutrients found naturally in the skin back into it, Simple, right?

dove myorganizedchaos

The body wash is like a thick cream – either applied with your hands, a wash cloth or a loofah (what I prefer to use). After showering, I immediately noticed that my skin was smooth, nourished and much softer compared to when I used bar soap. Yet, what really won me over was how long that healthy feeling lasted. The first night I tried it, I took off my socks and was surprised there wasn’t noticeable dryness. I can’t recall the last time my feet weren’t dry and tired looking after a long day.

So, while I can’t fix my memory and remember to lotion; I can change the cleansing products I use to prevent dry skin in the first place, and Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash worked. Cleansing and moisturizing features in one product is also like getting a 2-for-1 deal. You guessed it – a money-saver, too.

If you’re like myself and find yourself in a constant battle with the elements (or just plain forgetful) I urge you to give Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash a try. My skin is thankful I did, and I’m left knowing that some things don’t have to be a sad fact after all.

Introducing a new, breakthrough body wash from Dove.  New, improved Dove® Deep Moisture combines a blend of our mildest cleansers ever and NutriumMoisture®, our rich blend of nutrients naturally found in your skin which effectively nourishes deep down.  This is our PROVEN best care. Head to our Facebook (facebook.com/dove) page today for a $2-off coupon & tell us why you want to make the switch?

Dove Logo

Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Dove via Glam Media Canada.
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dove

Comments

1. Holly says:

I’m so glad you posted this. I have really dry skin and I’ve tried so many different things. Mostly lotions, but like you.. I start forgetting and just end up back where I was with my skin. I will pick this up today when I’m out. Thanks for the great review! :)

Give it a try Holly, get that skin ready for Summer! That’s my end goal!

• Holly says:

I actually picked it up the same day I read your review. I love it so far! I was worried about the scent, because strong scents give me terrible headaches, but it’s not strong at all and a nice fresh scent. :)

2. I love Dove products! Right now I’m using the Dove soap for sensitive skin. I’ll have to try out the body wash. It sounds amazing!

Good point Stacie, I always have Dove bar soap beside the sink yet last time I shopped there was a clearance on some other heavily scented variety. My skin has been so itchy and irritated – never again! There’s a reason why my Mom always used Dove and I have all my life too. Stick with the best, right?!

3. That’s so smart! I usually forget lotion, too!

We are all so bad at neglecting ourselves aren’t we?! This is an easy way I take care of myself, without added effort! Yay!

4. This is my favorite body wash and I use it every single day! I love it!

5. My skin dries out so much in the summer, and this would be great for me, thanks.

Same here, Summer isn’t as bad as Winter, my skin is always on the dryer side. Eager to fix that this year!

6. I am terrible about taking the time to moisturize my skin. My legs, elbows and hands get super dry.
    blessings,
    Shan
    The How to Guru

7. Olivia Cain says:

I forget all the time too, so I’m going to have to pick some of this stuff up. Sounds like just the product I need.

8. Tanis says:

I have this product, really like the smell of it too!

Yes, it’s a nice scent that wakes me up in the morning! Not too strong though, which is great for those that prefer light scents.

9. I will have to try this, my mom always had dove when we are smaller but for some reason I always thought of it as her stuff and used a generic, ha.

That’s funny Michelle! My Mom always used it too, then when I got older I tried everything and came back to {and stuck with} Dove. Turns out she was onto something all along! Now so many Dove products are in my home, this is another that I’ll use often!

10. I love dove products :)

11. Sounds good, especially in winter when skin loses moisture so quickly!

12. Debbie Bashford says:

I love Dove products alway have

13. Teresa M. says:

My daughter and I are Dove girls!! I switched to Dove Sensitive years ago because we both have allergies and sensitive skin. This is the only brand of soap that I buy. I haven’t used the body wash in a while so I will need to pick some up! Great review, Tammi – Our skin thanks you :)