My kids have their favorite foods and unless I try something creative and tasty, they won’t touch any ‘new’ ones. So, when I was faced with trying to get kids to eat a different array of vegetables last year, I had to take a whole new approach.
This Lemon Pepper Asparagus recipe was given to me from a friend, apparently her kids gobbled it up like candy. This interested me since asparagus was one food which my kids couldn’t look at without wrinkled noses.
Turns out she was right, thanks to this recipe, my kids now love this vegetable. The easy part comes in because it’s a no fuss, no hassle and few-ingredient recipe, making it one side dish that we make at least twice a week in our house.
As well, check out how I got my kids to eat different vegetables. Who knew this simple trick would work so well?! Like a ninja, people!
- .. 1 lb. asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- .. 1.5 Tbsp. olive oil
- .. 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
- .. dash black pepper
- .. Place trimmed asparagus spears in a ziplock bag
- .. Add olive oil, lemon pepper and pepper
- .. Seal bag and toss to coat asparagus
- .. Empty asparagus onto a cookie sheet, arrange so that they aren't overlapping
- .. Bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes
Anyone have an easy yet delicious recipe for brussels sprouts?