Great Moments in Parenting

Parenting never comes easy, we all know that. Even the simplest of things, like cooking, can really make you feel like such a terrible parent. Case and point, me vs the BBQ. For years I have tried to master the art of grilling, and sadly, I feel like I’m getting no-where. But I try. And try again.

This weekend I attempted to grill hamburgers. Sounds simple right? Nope, I ended up with 2 burnt patties and 2 which broke into pieces causing a ton of smoke on the grill. I actually set off our smake alarm IN the house while BBQing outdoors. *sigh*

I brought in the not so pleasant looking remains and, considered the alternative of last minute delivery. I’m not sure if Isabelle saw the defeated look on my face or if she heard me swearing like a sailor at the BBQ, but she did something that almost brought me to tears.

She made herself a ‘so-called hamburger’, and took a bite,
Mom, you are the best cook in the whole world. Thank’s for cooking for us“.

Bless her sweet heart, the burgers were terrible! But, her kindness turned that mom-fail into a very proud moment. It’s true that the simple and unexpected times do make the greatest moments in the journey called parenting.

I love this girl to pieces!

Comments

1. What a sweet story! You are so blessed to have such a generous, kind-hearted, sweet little girl :)

2. Tania Smith says:

Aww what a sweetheart.

3. so sweet, she is adorable, looks like a mini you!

4. LindsayDianne says:

Wow!

And she really does look just like you!

5. That’s awesome. What a compassionate young lady you’re raising!

Thanks so much, it’s a great quality to have, I sure hope she always keeps kindness first!

6. Adriana Fitzgerald says:

aww, i love it!

7. She sounds like a fabulous young lady.

8. Hailey says:

I am impressed you continue to try – I’m certain I am going to blow the house up so totally leave it to Brent.

Isabelle is clearly a pretty special little girl – this just melts my heart.

Using it is a little scary for me, especially when it’s windy. In the summer I crave BBQ, so I have to try, even with all the fails. Maybe one day….? Maybe not.

Thanks for your kind words, she sure is a keeper!

• Hailey says:

I really should just learn how to do it – though I’m certain I’d be able to write this exact post afterwards. Perhaps we should do a bbq workshop {and hold it at the fire department lol}

Yes please! I actually was wondering if there was a cooking class specifically for grilling. If so, SIGN me up for a year! lol

9. Awwww :-) That is so sweet! You have yourself an amazing little girl!

10. Laura says:

Aw, what a sweetheart! And such a gorgeous girl too!

11. What a sweatheart! You have obviously instilled some good values!

Trackbacks

1. [...] all know I could use some help around the barbie. Ahem … recall when I set off the smoke alarms in the house, while BBQing outside? Yes, I needed the [...]